I took a combie (motor van) to the Mercado de Centeral today. It's Saturday so the villages seem to empty into San Cristobal de las Casas to sell. I bought a pot that now sits on a stool, batteries for my crappy camera, 1/2 lbs. coffee, a whole pineapple that is peeled and then went on to the organic market close to this posada and bought 6 pieces of pizza, a calzone and fagazia bread and the whole day cost me $10. I took photos of viallagers carrying live chickens and general scenes of the market and will now see what I came up with. The pineapple, which I sliced and put into separate pkg in the freezer ... was delish. I added the coffee to my stash of organic I bought at the organic market and hope it is as good. Coffee is grown in this area and is grown organically.
As I sliced the pineapple and pizza for freezing I heard a cop car siren, which is unusual for this town. I ignored it and 2 min. later I heard a band (lotta horn)...I looked out the window and saw Aztec looking headdresses on men marching at the beginning of a parade and hundreds of men, women and children in costumes that looked like antibellum wired skirts wearing skelleton masks. I have no idea what it was all about. There were floats with queens wearing red formals on the back of a pick up and princesses in white first holy communion dresses and at the end ... horses with caballeros. My street is not a wide or a main street...it is not in the center of town or out of town. I grabbed my FLIP camera and shot out the wrought iron gates on my window and right in front of my hand was the telephone company wires but the feeling in the video will always be there with the band a horns bllowing at me. Then again I see the ad on TV daily for the object that looks like a phone but has built in XRAY and they show how you can see your bones. A ring is advertised that depending on the finger you will lose weight in that area of your body.
I saw a woman today who dressed like Ugly Betty...stripes going each way and a print fabric and all colors and she looked great...she was 90 yrs old if she was a day and had gray hair in braids. I saw Mayan women walking in the market nursing babies....a simple world a natural world.
As I sliced the pineapple and pizza for freezing I heard a cop car siren, which is unusual for this town. I ignored it and 2 min. later I heard a band (lotta horn)...I looked out the window and saw Aztec looking headdresses on men marching at the beginning of a parade and hundreds of men, women and children in costumes that looked like antibellum wired skirts wearing skelleton masks. I have no idea what it was all about. There were floats with queens wearing red formals on the back of a pick up and princesses in white first holy communion dresses and at the end ... horses with caballeros. My street is not a wide or a main street...it is not in the center of town or out of town. I grabbed my FLIP camera and shot out the wrought iron gates on my window and right in front of my hand was the telephone company wires but the feeling in the video will always be there with the band a horns bllowing at me. Then again I see the ad on TV daily for the object that looks like a phone but has built in XRAY and they show how you can see your bones. A ring is advertised that depending on the finger you will lose weight in that area of your body.
No comments:
Post a Comment