Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

movies OF CHIAPAS...San Cristobal de las Casas



I left for the airport at 8:14pm on tues June 29th and arrived at my new home at 3pm on June 30th…wired and tired.  I took a shuttle to the airport, a plane to Mexico City,, waited 6 hours for a plane to Guiterrez and a 90 min. taxi to here.  Ever wonder where all the old VW’s went?  They are here.  I asked the driver what the birds type was up in the sky where I noted a dozen “eagles”…it took a while but I fianally got they were vultures.  That was about 25 miles from here.  Very peaceful down here.
I was over-joyed when I reached my hotel as it was newly painted and the room has wifi, cablle tv and all new tiles and paint.  Everything was fresh and clean and tidy with happy people.  I am most interested in Blanca, the hotel owner who has an altar with life-size “dolls” and they are not familiar to me, other than Jesus who is wearing a black robe with red trim.  Sassy took me for a walk around the hood, which is in the center of town but down a cobblestone lane.  We stopped at the organic restaurant and I had guac and fresh carrot juice.  I said I needed to go back to the hotel … it caught up with me.  Very tired after 48 hrs of no sleep, which was odd considering I am only 39.. I was too buzzed to sleep so I started to unpack.  I walked up on the roof to look at the view and was delerious.  The rain is coming daily thanks to Alex but today is sunny.  I got back to unpacking and was thrilled to know almost everything was still in the suitcase.  I fell asleep at 11pm and slept hard but my body aches from lugging suitcases weighing a total of 100 lbs.    At 11 I went out to investigate the town.  I actually found the stairs of punishment and stopped right before to have a crepe and coffee.    To be fair she is really helpful and showed me where to buy my pound of coffee (organic) for half the price as in the U.S.
The town is so clean…I have not seen bugs or snakes and the jungle isn’t exactly around the next bend.  I still do not know my rent amount as Sassy is wanting to negotiate.  I left the owner a note. So, all is fine.   Good night (must be noon by now).  I did bring the correct things…whew.  Paid my rent and went to lunch at a lovely café with tastey corn chowder.  I watched part of Spiderman in Spanish and some Simpsons (which translates better). Spiderman is on every night here.

No comments:

Post a Comment